Thursday, March 12, 2009

Google Voice: A push to rewire your phone service | Webware - CNET

Ah – so your voicemail messages become part of “the world’s information,” which Google will organize etc.

But I thought Google Voice's most promising aspect is voice mail transcription.

Today, voice mail is a something of black hole for me. It's a pain to check, and I just tell people to send me an e-mail if they get my voice mail. When I'm on the road or at home, I check my e-mail much more frequently than my voice mail. And e-mail means I have their contact information and a record that they contacted me, all in a handy form that shows up through search.

Transcription brings some of these advantages to voice mail.

Google Voice: A push to rewire your phone service | Webware - CNET

No comments: