Thursday, January 25, 2007

IBM prepping 64-bit, directory, authentication upgrades for delivery beyond Notes/Domino 8 - Network World

 Useful snapshot of server-side plans -- I attended a Lotusphere session on Domino database directions for 8.0.1 and beyond and was very impressed.

While Notes/Domino 8 is all about the client, the first maintenance release and the next major version beyond that will concentrate on the server as IBM settles into a cycle of 12-to-18 months for major releases.

See the article for more details.

Tangent: I hope to get back into my normal blogging routine next week; the Lotusphere chaos seriously disrupted my schedule this week.  I also plan to share my Lotusphere impressions via some Collaboration Loop blog posts -- I'll link to them here when they're posted.

p.s. Google/Blogger still seems to think the update cycle for my RSS feed should be measured in days instead of minutes; hopefully that will get straightened out soon...

Source: IBM prepping 64-bit, directory, authentication upgrades for delivery beyond Notes/Domino 8 - Network World

No comments: