Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The New York Times > Technology > I.B.M. Reports Strong Results for 4th Quarter

The New York Times > Technology > I.B.M. Reports Strong Results for 4th Quarter: "I.B.M., Mr. Loughridge said, continues to benefit from a strategy that emphasizes supplying corporate customers with packages of technology - hardware, software and services - instead of selling them individual products. That model, he said, has helped the company at a time when business customers are winnowing their rosters of suppliers and trying to avoid the cost and complexity of putting technology components together themselves.
...
Today, I.B.M. is looking for growth in its big services and software businesses. The company has $10.3 billion in cash, or $3 billion more than a year ago. Mr. Loughridge said I.B.M. saw "very good" prospects for making further acquisitions this year. The company spent $2 billion last year on 14 niche acquisitions in the software and services field."

No comments: