Thursday, January 27, 2005

The New York Times > Reuters > Business > JetBlue Keeps Profit Streak Alive

The New York Times > Reuters > Business > JetBlue Keeps Profit Streak Alive: "JetBlue Airways Inc. (JBLU.O) eked out a fourth-quarter profit, the low-cost carrier reported Thursday, narrowly dodging a first-ever quarterly loss analysts had predicted thanks to a hedge against high fuel costs.
...
JetBlue is the second-largest U.S. airline by market value after leading low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines (LUV.N)."

I had an unfortunate experience on JetBlue en route to Lotusphere Sunday/Monday; apparently it wasn't all the airline's fault, however -- I heard lots of discussion about JetBlue being not-so-subtly punished for being a non-union airline -- massive snow piles dumped at their gates, unresponsiveness on jammed/frozen/etc. equipment. I hope somebody at Massport loses their job over the incident, if that's true.

I'm not going to hold the experience against JetBlue, in any case, and I was pleased with my return from Orlando last night (despite more weather-related chaos at Logan).

No comments: