Saturday, September 03, 2011

Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It. | TechCrunch

Check the post link below for more details on what, if the overview is accurate, should perhaps be called the “Kindle NCC” (for Nook Color Clone)

First of all, before every commenter asks, no, sadly, I don’t have any pictures to share. That was the one condition of me getting this information. So instead you’ll have to rely on my prose to draw a picture of the device in your head. Or you can just look at a BlackBerry PlayBook — because it looks very similar in terms of form-factor.

So here’s what I know and what I saw:

Again, the device is a 7-inch tablet with a capacitive touch screen. It is multi-touch, but from what I saw, I believe the reports that it relies on a two-finger multi-touch (instead of 10-finger, like the iPad uses) are accurate. This will be the first Kindle with a full-color screen. And yes, it is back-lit. There is no e-ink to be found anywhere on this device.

Amazon’s Kindle Tablet Is Very Real. I’ve Seen It, Played With It. | TechCrunch

No comments: