Friday, September 16, 2011

The next great OS could be . . . a touched-up Windows 8? - Chicago Sun-Times

Excerpt from an insightful Microsoft/Apple/Google reality check (via Dan Lyons)

But enough about Apple. There’s one clear loser in all of this: Google.

Android is a terrific OS on a phone but on tablets, it’s been a complete shambles. Every Android-based tablet released thus far has been a functional and commercial disaster, posting insignificant sales and rebuffing every attempt I’ve made to find something nice to say about it. “Nice try,” I say, sincerely hoping Google learned enough to make the next edition a lot better than this. If a friend told me he planned to buy an Android tablet I’d commit myself to stopping him, owing to the same humanist impulse that would make me seize a child’s collar and yank him from the path of an oncoming truck.

Seriously, read the full article; it’s the best Windows 8 perspective piece I’ve seen this week

The next great OS could be . . . a touched-up Windows 8? - Chicago Sun-Times

No comments: