Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Hortonworks' Murthy bullish on Microsoft's Nadella | ZDNet

I suspect the probability of a Microsoft acquisition of Hortonworks significantly increased yesterday

"At the beginning of our conversation, Murthy told me "I think it's exciting to see Microsoft becoming a key part of the Hadoop community."  Fittingly, Nadella is one of the key players at Microsoft that got the company there.  I know from my own work with Microsoft that Nadella's work on Bing raised his consciousness of Hadoop, and his role as President of the Server and Tools Division galvanized Microsoft's commitment to it.
Could Nadella be Microsoft's Big Data CEO?  If he stays true to his roots, then all signs point to yes."
Hortonworks' Murthy bullish on Microsoft's Nadella | ZDNet

No comments: