Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Boss - For Twitter C.E.O., Well-Orchestrated Accidents - NYTimes.com

A snapshot from Evan Williams – see the full article for more details on how he created Twitter

When people ask me when Twitter will make money, I tell them, “In due time.” They forget that we’re only 30 employees who have just gotten started. Right now, anything we would do to make money would take our time away from acquiring more users. We have patient investors.

My life has been a series of well-orchestrated accidents; I’ve always suffered from hallucinogenic optimism. I was broke for more than 10 years. I remember staying up all night one night at my first company and looking in couch cushions the next morning for some change to buy coffee. I’ve been able to pay my father back, which is nice, and my mother doesn’t worry about me as much since I got married a year and a half ago.

The Boss - For Twitter C.E.O., Well-Orchestrated Accidents - NYTimes.com

No comments: