Monday, December 15, 2008

Life in Information, According to Esther Dyson - Leadership and Innovation - EMC

Interview excerpt:

How do you manage information?
I have my PC and my cellphone, which now gets e-mail. I don't have a phone at home. I threw out my landline 20 years ago, not because I was replacing it with a cellphone but because I didn't want to be called at home. The message here is: Don't let these things run you. You can always unplug your phone.

But we hate to feel we're missing something. And now there's so much more to miss.

People are trying to make you feel you're missing something. That's called marketing.

What are your top information sources?
E-mail and talking to people. Most of what I want to know isn't posted yet.

Do you have any information heroes?
Larry Lessig is one, although I don't agree with everything he says. George Orwell. I'm concerned about this belief that information will set you free. Information will set you free only if you have the courage to use it and act on it.

Life in Information, According to Esther Dyson - Leadership and Innovation - EMC

No comments: