Thursday, December 04, 2008

From the Desk of David Pogue - Readers React to David Pogue’s Review of the BlackBerry Storm - NYTimes.com

Check the full article – not good news for RIM fans…

It always blows my mind when people tell me that my assessment of some product is wrong -- without ever even having tried the thing themselves. I just can't get over that.

And now for the thing I learned:

For years, tech critics like me have occasionally endured abuse from the Cult of Mac. If you write anything that even hints at a less-than-perfect Apple effort (like my reviews of, for example, the original Apple TV, iMovie '08 or MobileMe), the backlash is swift, vitriolic and heated. We're talking insults, vulgarities and even threats. I've always thought that that vocal sub-population of Mac fans make up the world's most watchful, most hostile grass-roots lobbying arm.

But now I see that I was wrong. There's an even nastier one: the BlackBerry nuts.

From the Desk of David Pogue - Readers React to David Pogue’s Review of the BlackBerry Storm - NYTimes.com

No comments: