Wednesday, December 24, 2008

25 Years of Mac: From Boxy Beige to Silver Sleek

See the full article for more on the Mac’s first quarter-century, along with photos

It's the 25th anniversary of the Apple Macintosh, but Steve Jobs' eyes are dry. At the company headquarters in Silicon Valley, where he was presenting a set of new laptops to the press last October, I mentioned the birthday to him. Jobs recoiled at any suggestion of nostalgia. "I don't think about that," he said. "When I got back here in 1997, I was looking for more room, and I found an archive of old Macs and other stuff. I said, 'Get it away!' and I shipped all that shit off to Stanford. If you look backward in this business, you'll be crushed. You have to look forward."

25 Years of Mac: From Boxy Beige to Silver Sleek

No comments: