Friday, January 11, 2008

Update: Mitch Kapor to phase out involvement in OSAF - Yahoo! News

Chandler continues to morph, but without Mitch Kapor, going forward.  Check out Dreaming in Code for a classic book on this domain.

"I would say I had a lot of ambitions that we wound up, for very good and practical reasons, scaling back on," Kapor said in an interview Thursday. He described the outcome as "a working subset of a grand vision."

Kapor said his interest in continuing waned. "We found ourselves in the situation that the team wanted to continue on very much," he added. "I found myself in a different place. I did not have that same level of commitment and desire, because I had the original dream in mind."

Kapor said the saga has proven to be a "huge learning experience" for him. "It's been a mixture of many different emotions. I would say it would be unfair to single out disappointment as a leading factor [in withdrawing my support]," he said.

Update: Mitch Kapor to phase out involvement in OSAF - Yahoo! News

No comments: