Monday, February 09, 2009

Facebook: 25 Things I Didn't Want to Know About You - TIME

Another mainstream media anti-social-networking rant

But it's [Facebook's "25 Things About Me" meme is] just so stupid. Most people aren't funny, they aren't insightful, and they share way too much. Facebook is a loose social network; a "friend" on Facebook might translate to someone you'd barely recognize in real life. I don't care that my college roommate's sister is anemic or that my stepcousin's boyfriend gets nervous around old people (apparently he's afraid they're going to die). (See the best social-networking applications.)

Later in the article, which, as I type this, is the most popular article on time.com:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've finally found something more stupid than Twitter.

 

Facebook: 25 Things I Didn't Want to Know About You - TIME

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And if you're truly retarded, you'll enjoy using this "Twitter Client for Salesforce.com" that appears to be a horribly integrated piece of funk.

http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000006mnMOAAY

Hey Peter! couldn't resist :)
greg davoll