Friday, February 06, 2009

Monty says: Time to move on

Another MySQL co-founder checks out of Sun

The main reason for leaving was that I am not satisfied with the way the MySQL server has been developed, as can be seen on my previous blog post. In particular I would have like to see the server development to be moved to a true open development environment that would encourage outside participation and without any need of differentiation on the source code. Sun has been considering opening up the server development, but the pace has been too slow.

Excerpts from later in the post:

Some of the Maria team members will follow me and some will stay in Sun.

[…]

I am also working on opening a new kind of restaurant that will use databases to achieve a better customer experience. (Expect a special discount for database developers!). More about this later...

Monty says: Time to move on

No comments: