Sunday, June 12, 2005

Microsoft's Hejlsberg touts .Net, C-Omega technologies | InfoWorld | News | 2005-06-10 | By Paul Krill

Microsoft's Hejlsberg touts .Net, C-Omega technologies | InfoWorld | News | 2005-06-10 | By Paul Krill: "InfoWorld: What's the user base of C# as opposed to Visual Basic or C++?
Hejlsberg: It depends on how you count. If you count in Visual Basic, VB6 and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and VB.Net and whatever, it's obviously an enormous user base that dwarfs practically everything else. If you look at C# vs. VB.NET vs. C++, [managed] C++ on the .Net run time, I'd say C# and VB are about neck and neck. I believe they're about 45 and 45 percent and then managed C++ is the remaining 10 percent or something like that, I think. But that's just if you look at who runs their code on .Net. I don't even think I have numbers in my head about how many VB6 programmers there are in the world, but it's in the millions, and the same is true for C++. "

No comments: