Friday, May 20, 2016

CEO Larry Page defends Google on the stand: “Declaring code is not code” | Ars Technica

Also see Oracle says that it had to give Amazon a 97.5 percent discount just to stay competitive with Google (Business Insider)

""I've already testified that I know the APIs and declarations are in the phones," said Page. "They comprise the Java language."

"Now tell the jury how much you paid to Oracle for using that," snapped Bicks. "Have you paid anything to Oracle for using that intellectual property?"

"When Sun established Java, they established it as an open source thing," Page said. "I believe the APIs we used were pretty open. No, we didn't pay for the free and open things."

"So you didn't get a license?" Bicks asked.

"I'm not a lawyer," Page said. "I don't know the vagaries of licensing.""
CEO Larry Page defends Google on the stand: “Declaring code is not code” | Ars Technica

No comments: