Tuesday, February 08, 2011

True Confessions of a Digital Hoarder - NYTimes.com

Some interesting feedback in the article comments; none yet on personal information management tools such as Evernote and OneNote

I’ve missed important e-mails about family health matters, queries from editors and pings from sources. Earlier this week, I just happened to be staring into the abyss of my bloated e-mail inbox when a note floated in about last-minute drinks with a good friend who happened to be in town for the night. Had I not been looking at Gmail at that exact moment, there’s a good chance I never would have seen it.

I’ve tried a few different tactics with little success, including tags and labels in Gmail, priority inboxing software and archiving on a semi-regular basis. But frankly, I’m drowning in it.

This is where you come in, readers, because I need all the help I can get.

True Confessions of a Digital Hoarder - NYTimes.com

No comments: