Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Five reasons why I'm not buying Facebook - Fortune Finance

Check the article link below for the reason list (via Alexander Falk, via, um, Facebook…)

Excuse me for raining on the Facebook parade, but yesterday's news about the $450 million investment by Goldman Sachs (GS) and $50 million from Russia's Digital Sky Technology didn't move me the way it seemed to move others. This despite the suggested $50 billion valuation, as big and beautiful a number as the stock market has seen in some time. I am certainly not moved in the same way it appears to have moved Goldman's own clients: the Wall Street firm has pledged to line up another $1.5 billion in sales to its high net worth investors, who are said to be champing at the bit to get a piece of the action, which starts with a $2 million minimum. Not that I have $2 million lying around, but I wouldn't buy this stock if I did.

Five reasons why I'm not buying Facebook - Fortune Finance

No comments: