Sunday, October 17, 2010

Facebook Co-Founder Speaks Publicly: What I Learned From Watching “The Social Network” - CNBC

No hint that the person at CNBC who approved the “guest blog” post understands that Eduardo Saverin was a primary source for the book that became the screenplay for the movie (post reference via Mitch Kapor)

As a co-founder of Facebook, I have wondered how Hollywood would depict its creation and development on the big screen. Would it be accurate? Would it showcase our failures, as well as our successes?

What I gleaned from viewing “The Social Network” was bigger and more important than whether the scenes and details included in the script were accurate. After all, the movie was clearly intended to be entertainment and not a fact-based documentary. What struck me most was not what happened – and what did not – and who said what to whom and why. The true takeaway for me was that entrepreneurship and creativity, however complicated, difficult or tortured to execute, are perhaps the most important drivers of business today and the growth of our economy.

Facebook Co-Founder Speaks Publicly: What I Learned From Watching “The Social Network” - CNBC

No comments: