Monday, February 22, 2010

Opinion: Why I'm dropping Google (Computerworld)

A timely Google reality check (via Kellblog) – the concluding paragraphs:

Google knows more about you than the NSA, and has recently shown that it doesn't give a hoot about your privacy. The company has gotten too big, and has turned into just another corporation trying to maximize its assets -- and those assets are you. Who's to say Google won't progressively loosen its privacy controls and monetize more and more personal information?

I'm ditching Google as much as I can, and when a competitor develops a search engine as good as Google, I'll stop searching with Google, too. The trend that Google has been following has been looking darker and darker as the company nibbles away at the limits of privacy. This is no longer a company I trust.

Opinion: Why I'm dropping Google

No comments: