Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bill Gates Joins the iPad's Army of Critics. Steve Jobs Couldn't Care Less. | Perspective | BNET

See the full article for more iP* analysis

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I asked Jobs’ longtime rival, Bill Gates, what he thought of the iPad. After all, Gates has been a proponent of tablet computers for years, and he was in awe of the iPhone when it first came out. But the iPad?  Gates told me he isn’t sold.

“You know, I’m a big believer in touch and digital reading, but I still think that some mixture of voice, the pen and a real keyboard - in other words a netbook - will be the mainstream on that,” he said. “So, it’s not like I sit there and feel the same way I did with iPhone where I say, ‘Oh my God, Microsoft didn’t aim high enough.’  It’s a nice reader, but there’s nothing on the iPad I look at and say, ‘Oh, I wish Microsoft had done it.’”

Bill Gates Joins the iPad's Army of Critics. Steve Jobs Couldn't Care Less. | Perspective | BNET

No comments: