Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A First Look at the Google Phone - Bits - Technology - New York Times Blog

Check out these Google YouTube videos -- compelling demos.

For those curious about what the Android phones will look like, Google today has posted a couple of demos of their user interface and some applications. Remember these are demos, and no phones based on this software will be available for another eight months or so. But the demos are pretty slick, and they point to a class of phones that have the look and feel of the iPhone, with a touch-sensitive surface that allows users to scroll through Web pages by sliding a finger on the screen.

Also see an extensive CNet interview with Android creator Andy Rubin; excerpt:

Q: What do you think of the iPhone?
Rubin: I love it. I use it every day. That's my phone, and I think it's a great product. It's probably the best version 1.0 piece of consumer electronics that I've ever used.

Q: Do you think that the Android devices are going to be competing with the iPhone?
Rubin: No, I do not. I think it's a different business. Apple has a great business in building really, really high-quality consumer products, and the platform that we're building can go into a lot of different products.

A First Look at the Google Phone - Bits - Technology - New York Times Blog

No comments: