Monday, March 21, 2016

One year later, Apple's 12-inch MacBook has become my favorite laptop - CNET

One topic that's unlikely to figure prominently on the agenda at Apple's event later today -- we probably won't see updated Macs until >= June

"That's why, despite testing and using nearly every new laptop or 2-in-1 hybrid released over the past year, I find myself returning again and again to the 12-inch MacBook. It's become my default go-to for those times when I need a laptop that's quick and easy to pick up and use. The MacBook has that same magic quality as the iPad did, which is that it makes for a perfect living room couch device, as it's lightweight, springs to life the moment I lift the lid, and is small enough that it doesn't get in the way.

Those same qualities also make it the first system I reach for when running out for a coffee shop writing session, where I can easily tap out thousands of words per week. The highest compliment I can pay the MacBook is that I usually forget any of the hardware limitations once I get into the writing zone, where the system does what every productivity machine should do, fade into the background."
One year later, Apple's 12-inch MacBook has become my favorite laptop - CNET

No comments: