Thursday, March 31, 2016

Mossberg: Apple pours the latest tech into familiar gadgets | Re/code

Also see Apple 9.7-Inch iPad Pro Review: Tablet vs. Laptop Showdown (WSJ)

"After testing this new iPad, I’ve decided to upgrade. Even if you just use it to consume media and do light productivity, the improvements are noticeable and helpful. The screen is sensational, and when I compared it to my iPad Air screen, the improvement was obvious. The new True Tone feature, which seemed unnoticeable at first, suddenly seemed indispensable when I tried turning it off and the display turned to a shade of bright white I’ve been staring at for years, but which now seems unnatural.

The sound is greatly improved, with four speakers, one in each corner. I may not adore Apple’s keyboard, but it’s okay, and other keyboard makers will soon have different models that use the new connector.

Battery life was terrific. Apple claims 10 hours, but I easily got just over 12 in my test, which is based on playing video while collecting email, texts, tweets and Facebook posts in the background."
Mossberg: Apple pours the latest tech into familiar gadgets | Re/code

No comments: