Thursday, June 12, 2014

Response by Ray Kurzweil to the announcement of chatbot Eugene Goostman passing the Turing test | KurzweilAI

Another take on the recent Turing Test proclamation

"I have had a long-term wager with Mitch Kapor in which I predicted that a computer program would pass the Turing test by 2029 and he predicted that this would not happen, see links below.

This was the first long-term wager on the “Long Now” website. The bet called for $20,000 to be donated from us to the charity of the winner’s choice.

As a result, messages have been streaming in from around the world congratulating me for having won the bet.

However, I think this is premature. I am disappointed that Professor Warwick, with whom I agree on many things, would make this statement. There are several problems that I describe below, including a transcript of a conversation that I had with Eugene Goostman, the chatbot in question."
Response by Ray Kurzweil to the announcement of chatbot Eugene Goostman passing the Turing test | KurzweilAI

No comments: