Check the full post for more analysis
There are a few signs that Amazon is working on a Kindle Tablet, and a few signs that its new Android App Store is for this new Kindle Tablet.
- There’s no reason to delay the Android App Store launch until some unspecified date in the future. It sounds an awful lot like the launch depends on another launch – perhaps that of the Kindle Tablet.
- Given the success of the Kindle, and the type of hiring Lab 126 has been doing (Lab 126 is the Amazon subsidiary that created the Kindle, it’s been hiring a lot of Tablet and Gaming executives), it’s quite likely Amazon is working on more hardware devices. A Tablet makes the most sense given Amazon sells downloads of games, movies, music, and TV shows.
- There have been a lot of rumors that Amazon is working on an Android powered Tablet. Amazon related rumors are a bit hit and miss so this might mean nothing.
- Qualcomm has mentioned finding a big buyer for its Mirasol color ePaper screens. A buyer big enough that Qualcomm invested $2 billion into a Mirasol production facility. It’s not impossible that Amazon plans to introduce a Mirasol powered Kindle tablet – a tablet that runs for a month at a time. The downside would be that it wouldn’t handle movies very well.
- Amazon has KindleTablet dot com registered and ready to go