Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why Microsoft : Google Docs does not make Office better

Microsoft obviously does not agree with Google’s latest attempt at making itself relevant in the productivity applications market; see the full post from Microsoft Online Product Management team director Alex Payne for more details

Google is of course doing this now as the business launch of Office 2010 happens tomorrow (Wednesday May 12, 2010). I’m not going to focus on the launch in this blog as there already has been a ton of great news about Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2010, etc. What I want to do is spend a little time focusing on Google’s argument. I used to think it was something that Google implied. Given the quotes and articles today, I now see that Google is being explicit in their claim. They are claiming that an organization can use both seamlessly.

This just isn’t the case. Let me explain […]

Why Microsoft : Google Docs does not make Office better

No comments: