Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Google Starts Selling Nexus One in Competition With iPhone - WSJ.com

Not exactly enthusiastic support

AT&T's involvement in the new Nexus One appears to be minimal, however. The carrier isn't selling or subsidizing the phone, so it's only available from Google at its full price of $529. That's far more than the $179 buyers would pay for a Nexus One subsidized by T-Mobile or the $99 starting price of an iPhone subsidized by AT&T. Both of those deals require two-year contracts.

"We'll accept a compatible device on our network," AT&T spokesman Fletcher Cook said. He wouldn't say whether the carrier and Google had discussed the new phone.

Google Starts Selling Nexus One in Competition With iPhone - WSJ.com

2 comments:

Residential VoIP said...

Yes of course I agree. Sprint has way better coverage where I live (Houston) and I love my everything plan. I was considering swithching to VZ for this phone, but now I can get it on the only network that gets coverage where I work.

Residential VoIP said...

I am a Sprint user with a Samsung Moment (which I like), but I'd jump to a Nexus in an instant!