Sunday, March 28, 2010

This Is Why People Hate the Phone Company, AT&T - Tested

This Is Why People Hate the Phone Company, AT&T - Tested:

Check the full post for analysis of AT&T's recent MicroCell news

"Reading AT&T's announcement that the nationwide rollout of its femtocell product--called the Microcell 3G--is about to begin called into sharp relief the level at which I expect to get screwed by the phone company. About halfway through decoding the PR doublespeak, I had an epiphany. It was if I suddenly saw the words on the page for the very first time. I'm so used to the phone company selling me services I don't need at a price that's unreasonable (bordering on ludicrous) that I'd moved beyond apathy to blind acceptance. Let's break down the femtocell announcement, one paragraph at a time.�"

(p.s. the link above presents a different page when viewed in IE and other browsers; that's weird -- if you don't see an extensive essay with paragraph-level comments on AT&T's announcement, you're probably using IE. Go figure...)

No comments: