More Volker-channeled community input for IBM Lotus -- check the comments on the full post
What do you think, Lotus can really do if they try? Or what do you think they will do?
I will give you some that I think they will not do:
- Lotus will not make Domino their primary development platform for new application. I have a couple of reasons to believe that. Go to the research lab at Lotusphere and see how these guys build stuff. And then look at the software development in IBM Software Group. Lifecycle management, development tools, etc.
- Lotus will not greatly simplify to a few products. Why? Because some things cannot be thrown in because they are owned by more than one brand. Those products have to stand on their own. Or on more general terms: every product has to stand on their own.
Earlier in the series:
- What is Notes' core strength?
- What is Notes' core weakness?
- It’s the applications that keep the product alive (on Bob Balaban's)
- What would you do, if you were in charge of Lotus?