Friday, September 12, 2008

I, Cringely . The Pulpit . Fire Your Boss | PBS

See the full post for some 2001/09/11 reminiscing and observations about macroeconomic malaise ramifications for IT budgets; the parts that caught my attention:

If you were disappointed with Apple's product announcements this week, take cheer from knowing that more announcements are coming, including new MacBooks and iMacs. You don't have to take my word for this -- just look at the closeouts Apple is offering on current models. Christmas is still the most important quarter for Apple so they won't let these announcements wait too long. I just wonder how they slipped out of this week's event.

And finally, I am surprised to admit that the latest version of 64-bit Windows Vista seems to be running pretty darned well on my desktop. No driver problems, 32- and 64-bit apps seem to be running well -- why hasn't Microsoft been shouting about this? 32-bit Vista still sucks, of course.

On the latter: I suspect we'll hear a lot more about 64-bit at PDC 2008 -- no inside information on that, just a hunch

I, Cringely . The Pulpit . Fire Your Boss PBS

No comments: