Sunday, November 23, 2008

Windows Live FolderShare Team Blog: Windows Live Sync replacing FolderShare: What you need to know

I’m glad to see FolderShare will continue, although I’m curious about the positioning, relative to Live Mesh.  See the full post for more details.  (Via LiveSide.net)

In December, we will release a new product called Windows Live Sync. You can think of it as FolderShare 2.0. It's going to look familiar and offer the same great features, plus:

  • More folders and files - sync up to 20 folders with 20,000 files each.
  • Integration with Windows Live ID - no more extra sign-in stuff to remember.
  • Integration with the Recyle Bin - no more separate Trash folder to fiddle with.
  • New client versions for both Windows and Mac. 
  • Unicode support - sync files in other languages.

Windows Live FolderShare Team Blog: Windows Live Sync replacing FolderShare: What you need to know

2 comments:

walteradamson said...

I've spent hours wasting my time on a LIVE SYNC "improved version" which has destroyed the whole utility of Foldershare, which I had used for a long time and found very useful.

I don't mind various MS products but this is the last straw and it's really starting to change my mind about MS products as a whole, especially when tied in with the downgrading of OneCare - its a symptom of a fish rotting from the inside. I can't tell you why this FolderShare debacle pushed me over the limit but I am really sick of wasting my time with new products and versions from MS that add no value and in fact destroy value.

I can't even get past fist base with SYNC because it won;t connect and gives me some trash message about proxy settings. I mean are we living in 1980 or 2008? I had Foldershare, it worked, I was forced to dump it, I downloaded SYNC and followed instructions in happy anticipation of something better, and it not only doesn't work from ground zero but gives me a purile error message and nowhere to go.

Why am am even wasting my time reading these useless posts on this forum about this problem that seem to think that we have to debug our systems in order to make this VERY SIMPLE application work? It's beyond me and extremely frustrating. So from now on I'm migrating all utilities off Microsoft on back onto people who care about their core business of making software that works and is fit for purpose.

I'd rather pay for a program that works than waste my time trying to get this engorged crap that you are now turning out to run as expected.

darichkid said...

Here are a couple databases compatible with Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8:
http://www.kellermansoftware.com/p-43-ninja-net-database-pro.aspxi