Friday, November 14, 2008

Digital Natives » Data Privacy Day + 4 Not So Obvious Privacy Tips

See the full post for some useful guidance

I was most interested in the educational materials for teenagers that were presented Data Privacy Day. They bring up some important points, and I’d like to add some of my own thoughts to them here. I’ve have tried to pick out tips about privacy that may not come across as immediately obvious. None of them are myth-busting, per se, but they probably aren’t things we think about the minute we hit the tempting “Sign Up” button. Since the material on Data Privacy Day mostly focuses on privacy on social networking sites, I’ll draw on some examples with Facebook, which I have the most personal experience in.

Digital Natives » Data Privacy Day + 4 Not So Obvious Privacy Tips

No comments: