Sunday, September 30, 2007

iPhone Revisited (Verdict: Don't Buy) - Gizmodo

Not a positive leading indicator for Apple... 

It's about 3 months after the iPhone launch, and happy with the improvements, I was planning to change our "Wait" verdict to a full-on and rabid "Buy". That wasn't because of Apple, but because of the cool apps being offered by independent developers. All that came to an end yesterday after the new Apple firmware 1.1.1 neutered the handset. Sure, unlocked iPhones were broken. But more importantly, Apple wiped away the powerful programs that helped push the iPhone to greatness. With this, I'm going to have to move our recommendation from "Wait" to "Don't hold your breath." I'm done with this handset until third-party apps come back. Argh, I didn't want to have to write this, but this is what's on my mind.

iPhone Revisited (Verdict: Don't Buy) - Gizmodo

No comments: