"What's a shorter route to TV set-top box utopia? Just buy TiVo.Apple's set-top box cure: A TiVo acquisition | Apple - CNET News
Alfred Fried & Co. analyst Rich Tullo floated the TiVo idea in a research note. His reasons for arguing that Apple should buy TiVo go like this:
- Apple could acquire TiVo for $1.5 billion to $2 billion.
- Apple could reverse engineer set-top boxes for $500 million, or buy TiVo, which would probably sue Apple anyway.
- The TiVo box would become an iBox.
- TiVo has valuable intellectual property for Apple.
- Cable companies already have deals with TiVo. "
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Apple's set-top box cure: A TiVo acquisition | Apple - CNET News
Excerpt from a plausible pairing permutation profile