Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Champion of the Book Takes to the iPad - NYTimes.com

Excerpt from a timely e-book market reality check
"Q. When you wrote about the Internet in the late 1990s you were quite caustic.
A. I still would be. Except now I know a lot more about its virtues. Like everything else in this world, you have to fight for the value. Wikipedia is full of mistakes and stupidities, but it has its uses. In the last 10 years, I’ve seen the Internet improve. It can send us off on little voyages, like being in a library and looking down a row of books.
Q. Are Internet fans of your work different from other kinds?
A. Most of the fan mail that comes to me by postal mail is nuts. Crackpots. But Stephen on his blog flushes out people who actually like what I do."
A Champion of the Book Takes to the iPad - NYTimes.com

No comments: