Another timely snapshot from Dave Kellogg
Oracle reported its fourth quarter yesterday with several interesting highlights:
I would dare say that all this continues to validate my Oracle has become Computer Associates (without anybody noticing) hypothesis.
- Non-GAAP operating margin was 51%, the highest in Oracle history
- Fees for updates and support (aka, maintenance) were $3.1B, growing at 8%
- Fees for license were $2.7B, decreasing at 13%
- Oracle "beat expectations" despite both revenue and profit falling
- Oracle headcount remains flat at about 85,500 people (roughly the size of Nashua, NH)