Tuesday, August 21, 2007

James Fallows (July 24, 2007) - Biting the bullet on Windows Vista: back to XP (Technology)

James Fallows downgrades to XP -- see the article for details (via Fake Steve

Microsoft can build very good software: after all Windows XP, now the standard by which Vista is found wanting, is a Microsoft mainstay, and so is the elegant new Office2007 and the particularly elegant OneNote. After the second or third "service pack," maybe Vista will shape up. But I was wrong to suggest that people use the early version. And before you get too mad at me -- hey, unlike people who start wars in which their own kids don't serve, I've paid the price for this misjudgment myself.

Personally, I still prefer Vista

James Fallows (July 24, 2007) - Biting the bullet on Windows Vista: back to XP (Technology)

No comments: