Friday, September 08, 2006

PBS | I, Cringely . September 7, 2006 - Apple controls Amazon?

Cringely's perspective -- I have a hunch he's right about the Video Express box: 

According to the Journal and elsewhere, the only major studio Amazon doesn't have is Disney, which I am sure they would sorely like to have. Meanwhile, the only major studio Apple reportedly has IS Disney. That connection and Jobs' role on the Disney board (as well as being the company's largest shareholder) made it possible for him to force Disney to force Amazon -- well you get it.

[...]

However, the most interesting announcement I am expecting will be the Video Express, which I sure hope is finally here. If you don't remember, this is a gizmo that plugs into a power outlet just like an AirPort Express, only where the AirPort Express sends WiFi AND audio around your house, the Video Express will send WiFi and audio AND video.

So, while I'll be using Xbox 360 extender software on my Dell PC to stream videos I purchase on Amazon through my Xbox 360, Apple customers may have a simpler option -- we'll find out next week.

Source: PBS | I, Cringely . September 7, 2006 - Apple controls Amazon?

No comments: