You Had Me At EHLO... : How does your Exchange garden grow? "Some factoids to get you started... if you have anything along these lines, please post a comment:
- One customer (who is part of the Exchange Technology Adoption Program) sets no limit on message sizes internally - and one time saw a single message with attachments totaling 2.4Gb in size! (which Exchange delivered! - the recipient's mailbox quota was instantly blown apart though...)
- The largest single Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Information Store I've come across was 800Gb in size
- There's a limit of 1,000 Exchange 2000/2003 servers in an org - has anyone come close, or hit that limit?
- One customer deploys around 250,000 Exchange users per server and has over 9,000,000 users in total (you guessed it, they're an ISP)
- The most heavy user of public folders in the world (that we know about) has about 1,500,000 public folders containing around 8Tb of data"
More product management by blog, this time from the Exchange team.