Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Rich Client Platform is Eclipse's JavaOne headline act | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com

Rich Client Platform is Eclipse's JavaOne headline act | Between the Lines | ZDNet.com: "Although the opening act for Eclipse at JavaOne will be the launch of version 3.1 of the Eclipse IDE, the news that everyone will probably be talking about is Eclipse's Rich Client Platform (RCP). In the interview Skerrett described the RCP like this:
'We're moving beyond just development tools in developing a platform for end user applications. Let me give you and example. When I subscribe to different blogs with RSS feeds, I have an RSS newsreader that is actually built on top of Eclipse in Eclipse RCP. I'm not using it through a browser. I'm using it through a Windows application, a Windows application that gives me the look and feel that I want and it has nothing to do with the development tools.'"

No comments: