Friday, June 03, 2005

Technical Careers @ Microsoft : The talent landscape, and why I'm ready to lose it

Technical Careers @ Microsoft : The talent landscape, and why I'm ready to lose it "My latest tirade revolves around Hiring Managers (and I’m referring to Microsoft Hiring Managers … but I know this problem exists in other companies) not “getting” the talent landscape. Not only do they not seem to understand that brilliant software engineers don’t grow on trees (you don’t, do you?) … but they can’t seem to get it through their heads that 1) Microsoft isn’t the only place hiring, 2) Working at a big company isn’t everyone’s dream, and 3) Redmond is not the first place people say they want to move when they wake up in the morning. (Unfortunately, I don’t think the slogan ….”Where do you want to go today? Redmond, of course!” would fly.)
So I guess I’ve just been really tired of (pardon my bluntness) the entitled, spoiled whiners lately. So much that it’s made me question my desire to continue working in a Recruiting function for this company."

A perplexing public post from a Microsoft recruiter.

No comments: