Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Paul Thurrott's Internet Nexus: Just a thought: Xbox 360 vs. Mac mini

Paul Thurrott's Internet Nexus: Just a thought: Xbox 360 vs. Mac mini: "I like the Mac mini, I really do, though I've grown to become a bit unsettled about some of its lackluster features, which could have been replaced by better parts easily and affordably. But one thing I never bought into is the idea of the Mac mini as an iHome device. It's just not suitable for that purpose.
But the Xbox 360. My God.
A water-cooled, three-core PowerPC processor running at 3.2 GHz? 512 MB of RAM? Vicious graphics, wireless controllers, integrated Media Center software? The next Xbox isn't just a killer game machine, it is the first device to truly claim the title 'Hub of your digital home.' Microsoft will sell millions of these things and immediately. And I bet they will retail for far less than $600."

Form follows function...

No comments: