Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Microsoft kills off Outlook Express: ZDNet Australia: News & Tech: E-Business

Microsoft kills off Outlook Express: ZDNet Australia: News & Tech: E-Business: "It might be the world's most widely distributed e-mail client, but Microsoft has confirmed that it has no intention of further developing Outlook Express.
'[Outlook Express] just sits where it is,' said Dan Leach, lead product manager for Microsoft's information worker product management group. 'The technology doesn't go away, but no new work is being done. It is consumer e-mail in an early iteration, and our investment in the consumer space is now focused around Hotmail and MSN. That's where we're putting the emphasis in terms of new investment and new development work.' "

Via JD on MX

1 comment:

Alex said...

Some days ago I changed my store folder for my mails in OE,and something happened...And my mails were deleted.But fortunately myself helped-how to open .dbx,which I found on a forum,it is free as far as I remember.In addition utility can item compatible with Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows Me, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows XP SP2 and any version of Outlook Express.