Friday, April 13, 2012

How It Works | Springpad

I’ve been exploring Springpad – it’s sort of a cross between Evernote and Pinterest

“Springpad gives you a place to quickly and easily save anything you want to remember. Take a note, create a task, scan a product barcode and look up the book your friend mentioned. The best part is that no matter where you are, Springpad is there with you to make sure you don't forget something worth remembering. Just think it and Spring it, and it'll be there for you when you need it.”

My candidate for error message of the week, when I tried to use the Springpad “Spring It!” Web clipping tool on a Springpad page:

Springpad eBook by Daniel Gold - Microsoft OneNote

 

How It Works | Springpad

3 comments:

Best Tablet 2012 said...

How would you compare Springpad to Evernote? I've been using Evernote for a year or so now and I really enjoy it. It took a while to setup a good tagging system, but I think I finally have got it down.

pbokelly said...

Thanks for the comment/question. At this point I think Springpad has some innovative and visually appealing approaches, but I don't see it as a serious direct competitor to Evernote for multi-device, non-trivial personal information management and information sharing. Indeed, I think the mainstream note-taking/etc. market domain is likely to be led by Evernote and Microsoft OneNote for the foreseeable future -- I think both Evernote and OneNote are very good bets. In fewer words: stick with Evernote, since you have already mastered it and are getting value from it.

Best Tablet 2012 said...

Great, thanks for the tip :)