Tuesday, August 02, 2011

It Just Doesn't Work: Why New Tech Products Are Increasingly Unsatisfying - TIME

Check the article link below for a timely tech reality check

I've been reviewing technology products for 20 years now. I've seen it all, from products that were amazing from the get-go (the first PalmPilot comes to mind) to ones that were downright hazardous (a mouse that caught on fire). But there's never been a time when so much of the new stuff I look at is so very far from being ready for mass consumption. Sometimes it's a tad quirky; sometimes I can't get it to work at all. And when I call the manufacturers for help, they're often well aware of the problems I encountered.

What's going on here? There are three main culprits:

It Just Doesn't Work: Why New Tech Products Are Increasingly Unsatisfying - TIME

No comments: