Thursday, August 11, 2011

Digitally Fatigued, Networkers Try New Sites, but Strategize to Avoid Burnout - NYTimes.com

A social snapshot

Put another way: one in every four-and-a-half minutes spent on the Web is spent on a social networking site or blog. And last year the average visitor spent 66 percent more time on such sites than in 2009, when early adopters were already feeling digitally fatigued.

“I’m on tech overload,” said Ms. Lawrence, who has Facebook and LinkedIn accounts yet barely uses them anymore. “I already feel like I’m experiencing slow death by e-mail.” While she loves technology and has been experimenting with Google+ since it was introduced, “I’m having a really hard time justifying adding yet another social tool to my tool `kit,” she said.

But I agree with the bottom line:

“Everyone is still talking about filing e-mail bankruptcy,” he [Brian Solis, a principal at Altimeter Group] said. “At the end of the day, you still use it.”

Digitally Fatigued, Networkers Try New Sites, but Strategize to Avoid Burnout - NYTimes.com

No comments: