Thursday, September 10, 2009

CNSNews.com - Rep. Joe Wilson Apologizes for Shouting ‘You Lie’ During Obama’s Speech

Sign of the times – excerpt:

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," he said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."
He then tried to call Obama to apologize personally, but ended up talking with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel instead, Wilson's office said.
By that time, the congressman's Web site had crashed, he had taken a beating on his Twitter page and Democrat Rob Miller had raised thousands of unexpected dollars online for a possible rematch with Wilson in next year's midterm elections, according to Lachlan McIntosh, Miller's campaign manager.

CNSNews.com - Rep. Joe Wilson Apologizes for Shouting ‘You Lie’ During Obama’s Speech

No comments: