Friday, October 31, 2008

Ray Ozzie opines on the future of Microsoft - Massachusetts Biotech and Technology News and New England Local Business News

Read the full interview for additional Microsoft strategy insights

Q: You’re not nearly as blunt as Bill Gates can be, so ...
Ozzie: That’s a stupid comment.
[Stunned silence, then laughter.]
Q: Oh, you totally got me. ... Do you see the company’s culture changing under your technological leadership?
Ozzie: The culture of every company is really rooted in its founders. It really is. I don’t know if any company really shakes it, but certainly for a generation or so, this is Bill and Steve’s company (Steve Ballmer, Microsoft’s CEO). I am trying to bring a certain style and certain sensibilities that I have because I’m a different person. I’ve been closer to the code than Bill was for a longer period of time. I have certain strengths. I am not Bill Gates, but I have other things. I think I have already had some kind of an impact in that realm, particularly in the realm of getting groups to work together and align around shared objectives. All I can say is I enjoy the opportunity to keep trying to do more.

Ray Ozzie opines on the future of Microsoft - Massachusetts Biotech and Technology News and New England Local Business News

No comments: