Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Michael Sampson: Currents: "Hello, I'm a PC"

A timely reality check from Michael Sampson; see the full post, and skim the comments

I switched from Windows to Mac. I had used Windows as my main computing platform for 12 years, and was frankly fed up with its instability. Well, after 5 years on the Mac platform, today I switched back to Windows, and demoted my MacBook Pro to a lab machine. And I switched back for a very simple reason: Windows is better for business.

Microsoft Office is better. Support for scanning documents is better. Compatibility with mobile devices is better, eg, Windows Mobile and BlackBerry. Business card scanning is better (make that "possible"). Yadda, yadda, yadda. No more compromises and missed opportunities.

So ends the Apple love.

Michael Sampson: Currents: "Hello, I'm a PC"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey body, you don't need to change to PC... you need to change your mind set... I mean, start trading your way to financial freedom...
Windows is quite good for business...ok... so make the rest of the people work... It's about having a good quality of life... make your money work for you... and then you will understand that this is not the computer (I don't care if it is Mac or Linux...)
I have to admit that I use a Mac... but it is because it makes me feel good...
...and off course I don't have to work for my meal...

A big hug from Costa Rica...

Sharon Delaila said...

I love Mac
sharon delaila